This handy checklist explains everything you’ll need to be able professional in the UK.

Applicants applying with an EEA Nationality

Depending on what job you are looking for, will determine what information we would need from you. Instant Healthcare UK accept candidates from all European countries, however, if you wish to work in the UK as a Croatian national, you will need to apply for a purple registration certificate:

Apply for a purple registration certificate.

From 1st April 2017, you will need to get a police check from any country you have spent 12 months or more in the past 10 years. We will also ask for references, and right to work in the UK documents.
Below are the requirements specific to the job roles you need to meet:
Candidates can apply prior to obtaining registration if they have the following qualifications.
bachelor’s degree in nursing
bachelor’s degree in emergency medicine or Paramedic medicine
Advanced Diploma in emergency medicine or Paramedic medicine plus proven paramedic experience

  • MBBS, MBBCH plus PLAB 1& 2
  • Postgraduate qualification related to specialty i.e., MRCP(medicine), MRCS(surgery), MRCEM(A&E), MRCOG(obs& gynae)

If in doubt, you can contact us to confirm that your qualification transfers.

Application from outside of the EEA

As a skilled worker from outside the E.U, the type of visa you need is a Tier 2 visa. If you are unsure whether you need a visa, you can ask your Instant Healthcare UK or check on the UK government’s website:

Certificate of Sponsorship

In addition to all your governing bodies’ registration requirements (such as GMC, NMC & HCPC) you will need sponsorship for your visa application. This certificate of sponsorship (CoS) is provided and funded by your future employer; this will be the hospital or trust who have offered you the job. Timelines on ordering the CoS are stringent so it is important that you provide all the relevant documentation that your consultant has asked for as quickly as possible. Documents such as police checks, which from 1st April 2017 must include any country you have spent 12 months or more in the past 10 years. Each COS is unique to an individual and expires within 90 days from receipt; therefore, relocation must be completed within this 90-day period.

Visa application

Upon receiving the CoS, you can start your online application immediately by clicking the button below:

Tier 2 (General) visa application

This will be followed by booking the face-to-face document submission and submitting your passport. This usually happens three or four days after online submission.

  • Visa fee: approximately £500 per applicant
  • Visa immigration surcharge: £200 per applicant per year of the visa (Dependants usually need to pay the same amount as you)

Some employers may offer funding to cover this cost – your consultant will be able to confirm this when discussing the roles.
Once you have completed and provided all the above, you will usually receive your visa three or four weeks later. More information on visa processing times specifically at your test centre can be found by clicking the button below:

Visa processing times

You will gain an entry permit to the UK (it is valid for 30 days), and a Biometric Residence Permit will be supplied when you arrive in the UK. This must be collected from the UK post office and all details about collection will be provided to you when the entry clearance is generated.
Eligibility for a Tier 2 Visa is calculated on a point-based system; applicants must score 50 points from Table 1 and 20 points from Table 2 to be granted a visa.

Category Category Points Category
Job offers on Shortage Occupation list
Other job offers
Salary of £17,000-£19,999
Intra-company transfer
Salary of £20,000-£21,999
Intra-company transfer
Intra-company transfer
Intra-company transfer
Intra-company transfer